In a follow-up to our post of about a week ago on CCNA changes: Realigning the entry-level Cisco certification, we have backed it up with a press release and new codes for all new cisco certification exams. Hurry up and sit for the existing exams as the present certifications exams will not be available as from 1st October 2013.
- Cisco Evolves Associate-Level Certifications, Redesigns CCNA Routing and Switching Certification to Support Next-Generation Job Roles Certification and Training Updates Meet Market Demand for Networking Talent Aligned With Changing Business Requirements.
We are continuing in our commitment to deliver job-ready training, best practices and the most up-to-date information on the latest networking solutions, Cisco today announced a redesign of the Cisco® associate-level certification programs and the evolution of the CCNA® certification to CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
While more than 99 percent of things in the physical world today are still not connected to the Internet, the phenomenon called "the Internet of Everything" will soon wake up everything imaginable. As the network evolves and changes, becoming more sophisticated, the job roles of network engineers also continue to change. The CCNA Routing and Switching refresh aligns certification and training curricula with evolving industry job roles and provides the skills that networking professionals need to successfully manage cutting-edge network solutions.
The redesign enables the associate-level concentration certifications such as CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, CCNA SP Operations and CCDA® to better align with the industry job roles of today and the future.
Specifically for the CCENT® and CCNA Routing and Switching certifications, Cisco has redesigned the training curriculum for the ICND1, ICND2 and CCNAX exams and has introduced new exams for ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA Composite. The updates include comprehensive troubleshooting, technologies such as IPv6, and updated software on Cisco routers and switches.
With the associate-level program redesign, candidates now need to pass only two exams to achieve advanced technology certifications in an accelerated manner with the right job skills. These certifications include:
CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNA SP Operations
The following certifications currently require two exams:
CCNA Data Center
CCNA Service Provider
CCNA SP Operations
For CCDA certification, a valid CCENT certification will be a prerequisite beginning October 1, 2013. Basic knowledge of routing and switching is becoming increasingly essential to meet the industry job role requirements of a CCDA.
- |CCENT1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 changed former exam code is 640-822 ICND1 new exam code is 100-101 ICND1 Last day to test: September 30, 2013
- CCNA | Routing and Switching |Cisco Certified Network Associate former code 640-802 to new code 200-120 Last day to test: September 30, 2013
- CCNA |Routing and Switching | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2, Last day to test: September 30, 2013 former code 640-816 ICND2 new code 200-101
- CCNP Data Center | 642-991 DCUFD | Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFD) Last day to test: May 31, 2013 new code 642-996.
- Data Center Certification Exams | CCNP | 642-992 DCUFI | Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI)
Last day to test: May 31, 2013 new code 642-997.
- Data Center Certification Exams | CCNP | 642-993 DCUCD | Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCD) Last day to test: May 31, 2013 new code 642-998.
- Data Center Certification Exams | CCNP | 642-994 DCUCI | Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) Last day to test: May 31, 2013 new code 642-999.
- Security Certification Exams | CCNA Security | 640-822 ICND1 | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 Last day to test: September 30, 2013 new code 100-101 ICNDI.
- Service Provider Operations Certification Exams | CCNA Service Provider Operations | 640-822 ICND1| Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 Last day to test: September 30, 2013 new code 100-101 ICNDI.
- Voice Certification Exams | CCNA Voice | 640-822 ICND1 | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 Last day to test: September 30, 2013 new code 100-101 ICNDI.
- Wireless Certification Exams | CCNA Wireless| 640-822 ICND1 | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 Last day to test: September 30, 2013 new code 100-101ICNDI
For more information on more exams, new codes and last day test for the expiring ones, please visit the following link for more information. http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/exams/list.html
And many more